The Alpha Mentorship Recommended Reading List
I’m going to get right to it today.
I started this website to share what I’ve learned in my life and business. And since my career is dedicated to helping Millennial entrepreneurs & executives gain clarity and become powerful — well, it’s required that I continually level up. Over and over again.
When I work with private clients, I’m constantly pulling from different resources to help them overcome challenges in their businesses. But it’s not all business.
What I’ve found over the years is that the most successful people take a holistic approach to their development that aims to improve every area of their life — and those improvements end up spilling into their business, relationships, emotions and physical wellbeing as a result.
The goal is not to appear smart or well-read, but to become conscious and develop a depth of perspective in many different areas — then unite those new understandings to become a better version of yourself.
That’s the path of true power.
Anyway, I wanted to share with you this reading list — the complete list of books that I pull from, either in whole or in part, to work with my Elite Mentorship clients through their various challenges.
This list encompasses everything from business, to philosophy, to personal development, spirituality, metaphysics and memoirs.
Some of them you may have read. Many, you have not. I guarantee it. Consider this list rocket fuel for your development.
I’ve broken up the list into the top 20 that I consider “must reads” and the next 30 for you to peruse at your leisure. DO NOT feel overwhelmed by this list. The intention is not for you to go out and buy every book before you can begin making progress. Buy a book or two from each category, read it, take notes, and apply what you learn. Over time, you’ll find begin to find the breadcrumbs that will lead from one book to the next.
#Zadvice: I recommend getting books in both audio and written format. Your brain encodes information differently depending on how it processes it, and you’ll actually learn more quickly if you give each book a listen first before you begin reading the written copy. You can even jack the Audible speed up to 1.5 or 2x speed (3x and 3.5x are for Master Jedis only) and get most of the information. That way, when you read the book for the first time, you’ll be remembering what you heard, not reading it for the first time.
Trust me, this works.
- Rich20Something — Daniel DiPiazza
- Know Who The F*ck You Are — Dr Brett Jones
- Traction — Gino Wickman
- The Way of the Superior Man — David Deida
- Built to Sell — John Warrillow
Essential Business Books:
- Profit First — Mike Michalowicz
- Principles — Ray Dalio
- Resonate — Alex Wolf
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things — Ben Horowitz
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing — Al Ries and Jack Trout
Essential Philosophy Books:
- The Untethered Soul — Michael Singer
- The Tao Te Ching — Lao Tzu
- Man’s Search For Meaning — Viktor Frankl
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance — Robert Pirsig
- Reality Transurfing — Vadim Zeland
Essential Personal Development Books:
- Becoming Supernatural — Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Affirmations — Stuart Wilde
- The Last Word on Power — Tracy Goss
- The War of Art — Stephen Pressfield
- Deep Work — Cal Newport
Essential Books on Life:
- On Writing — Stephen King
- Shoe Dog — Phil Knight
- The Shallows — Nicholas Carr
- The Power of Habit — Charles Duhigg
- Sapiens — Yuval Noah Harari
Hall of Fame (pick a few from this list to start):
- High Output Management — Andy Grove (Biz / Management)
- The Effective Executive — Peter F. Drucker (Biz / Management)
- Zombie Loyalists — Peter Shankman (Biz / Management)
- The Trusted Advisor — David H. Maister (Biz / Management)
- Who — Geoff Smart (Biz / Management)
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There — Marshall Goldsmith (Biz / Management)
- Rich20Something — Daniel DiPiazza (Biz / Management)
- Hey Whipple, Squeeze This — Luke Sullivan (Marketing)
- This Book Will Teach You How To Write Better — Neville Medhora (Marketing)
- Tribes — Seth Godin (Marketing)
- This Is It — Alan Watts (Philosophy / Spirituality)
- Wisdom in the Age of Insecurity — Alan Watts (Philosophy / Spirituality)
- The Four Agreements — Don Miguel Ruiz (Philosophy / Spirituality)
- The Force — Stuart Wilde (Philosophy / Metaphysics)
- The Quickening — Stuart Wilde (Philosophy / Metaphysics)
- The Surrender Experiment — Michael Singer (Philosophy / Spirituality)
- The Pilgrimage — Paulo Coelho (Philosophy / Spirituality)
- The Alchemist — Paulo Coelho (Philosophy / Spirituality)
- Extreme Ownership — Jocko Willink (Skills)
- The Art of Learning — Josh Waitzkin (Skills)
- Own The Day, Own Your Life — Aubrey Marcus (Skills)
- Relentless — Tim Grover (Skills)
- How to Write Short — Roy Peter Clark (Skills)
- Steve Jobs — Walter Isaacson (Bio / Memoir)
- Eleven Rings — Phil Jackson (Bio / Memoir)
- What To Do When It’s Your Turn — Seth Godin (Creativity)
- Anti-Fragile — Nissim Nicholas Taleb (Science)
These books have changed my life, deepened my understanding of the world, brought me incredible clarity and made me a lot of money.
I know they will do the same for you, too.